Once your baby starts to move around, she's bound to knock her head against the slats or poke her little arms or feet between the slats. Our bumpers are here to protect against this:
- Protective - The thick polyester pad provides adequate thickness to protect against any head bumps that your kid might have while moving around in the crib. It also ensures that your baby's arms or legs don't get caught in the slats
- Softness - Made with exceptionally soft & fine Organic Cotton Muslin fabric, it is most suitable for your baby's delicate and sensitive skin. Pre-washed, pesticide-free and hypoallergenic
- Organic Cotton - Cotton grown without the use of harmful chemicals, we use organic cotton to make sure that our products are safe for your babies. Good for your baby, good for the environment
- Size - Our Cot Bumpers come in a single long piece, meant to fit all standard size cribs (from 60x120" to 70x140"). The length can be overlapped to fit different sizes
- Easy to Install - The bumpers come with attachment straps at the back, that can just be wrapped around the crib slats, and stuck back on to the velcro. We have provided one set of ties, to adjust the length of the bumper for different crib sizes
Easy Care - Fade-resistant and quick-drying; Machine washable on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat or line dry. Avoid direct heating. Minimum Wrinkling, no ironing needed. For more, see our Care & Cleaning section.
Note on Safety
It is important to note that the use of bumpers is debated by different organizations:
- Some organizations, such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, recommend to avoid loose items of bedding such as bumpers
- Others, such as the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association, note the advantages of protecting the baby against bumps and the risk of getting their limbs stuck in the slats
If you decide to use crib bumpers, we strongly recommend attaching it securely to the crib so that there is no risk of it coming undone and falling on the baby.
Further, once your child gets a bit older, you should consider removing the bumper to avoid it acting as something your child steps on to climb out of the crib.
Read through our guide on SIDS & Sleep, if you'd like to learn more about the best practices to follow to reduce the risk for your baby.
Why Organic Cotton
100% Organic Cotton is a safer method of growing Cotton that is good for your baby and good for the environment too. At The White Cradle, your baby's safety is one of our Core Beliefs and so we only use 100% Organic Cotton for our products.
Here are some of more details about Organic Cotton:
- Growing Organic Cotton does not use any toxic chemicals like insecticides, pesticides and herbicides
- Organic Cotton is gentle and better for your baby's delicate skin. Avoiding chemicals during the growing process ensures that there are no irritants that can lead to skin allergies
- Organic Cotton is better for the farmers that grow it as they're not exposed to the toxic chemicals
For more on Organic Cotton, read our detailed post on Why use Organic Cotton for Babies.